As a mother of two, I love nothing more than making a delicious breakfast for my family. This Comforting Apple Cinnamon French Toast has become a family favorite of ours! Every time I make it, my kids can’t wait to dig in.
Since the kids love it so much, I started experimenting and adding some of their favorite ingredients. I added diced apples and a sprinkle of cinnamon to the batter and the result was a delicious and comforting breakfast! The apples give it a subtle sweetness and the cinnamon adds a warm, cozy flavor.
I usually make this recipe on special occasions or on the weekends, when I have a bit more time to make something special. I serve it with fresh fruit, a drizzle of syrup, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. It’s easy to make and it’s always a hit with the family!
- You can use any type of bread for this recipe, but I prefer thick-cut white bread for the best results.
- For added flavor, you can add in a pinch of ground ginger or allspice.
- For a sweeter French toast, you can sprinkle on a bit more cinnamon and sugar.
- If you don’t have apples on hand, you can use any type of diced fruit, such as bananas or peaches.
Comforting Apple Cinnamon French Toast
- griddle, pan, spatula, bowl, whisk, cutting board, knife
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 slices of thick-cut white bread
- 0.5 cup diced apples
- null Fresh fruit, for garnish
- null Syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
- Brush the melted butter onto a griddle or large pan over medium heat.
- Soak the bread in the egg mixture for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the bread to the griddle and cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle the diced apples over the French toast and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve the French toast with fresh fruit, a drizzle of syrup, and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, if desired.