As a food enthusiast, I’m always looking for new and creative ways to mix up my routine. I wanted to challenge myself to create a delicious breakfast recipe that would be a hit with my family and friends, so I decided to make a Classic Cast Iron Skillet Mexican Breakfast Burrito!
I started by gathering the ingredients I knew I would need: eggs, cheese, and peppers. I also decided to add some diced tomatoes, which I thought would add a nice flavor and texture to the burrito. I then preheated my cast iron skillet and added the diced tomatoes and peppers. I let them cook until they were slightly softened, then added in the eggs and cheese and stirred it all together.
Once the eggs were cooked through and the cheese was melted, I spooned the mixture onto a flour tortilla and rolled it up. I added a few extra toppings and the burrito was ready to eat!
This recipe quickly became a family favorite and is now a go-to for breakfast gatherings. Everyone loves the combination of flavors, and the cast iron skillet makes it a breeze to cook. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as my family does!
– Use any type of cheese you like – cheddar, mozzarella, or pepper jack are all great options!
– For a vegan option, substitute the eggs for tofu.
– Add some hot sauce on top for an extra kick!
– For a healthier option, replace the tortillas with lettuce wraps.
– For a breakfast burrito bowl, just skip the tortilla and serve the filling in a bowl.
– Try adding different vegetables such as spinach, mushrooms, or zucchini.
Classic Cast Iron Skillet Mexican Breakfast Burrito
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 0.5 cup diced tomatoes
- 0.5 cup diced peppers
- 4 small flour tortillas
- null Toppings of your choice (salsa, sour cream, etc.)
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced tomatoes and peppers, cooking until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs and cheese and stir until eggs are cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Spoon egg mixture onto a flour tortilla and roll up.
- Top with any desired toppings and serve.