Growing up, my mom would make this classic Italian salad for our family dinners. She would start with a bed of crisp lettuce and top it with cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese, olives, and a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley. The salad was always a hit and I’ve been making it ever since!
This gluten-free salad is so easy to make and adds a burst of flavor to any meal. It has the perfect balance of salty feta and olives with a hint of sweetness from the tomatoes. I love to serve it with a lemon wedge for a hint of acidity. The olives and feta give it a delicious creaminess that will have you reaching for seconds!
Tip: For a refreshing twist, add a handful of fresh mint leaves to the salad.
Variation: For a heartier salad, add some cooked chickpeas or quinoa.
Classic Italian Salad with Feta and Olives
- Salad bowl, cutting board, knife
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 0.5 cup cucumber, chopped
- 0.5 cup tomato, chopped
- 0.25 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon wedge
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, and olives.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.