When I think of a comforting Sunday morning breakfast, I think of apple fritter bread. Growing up, my mom would whip up a batch of this sweet and indulgent treat every other weekend. As an adult, I decided to recreate the recipe, tweaking it to make it my own.
I started by combining the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon – in a large mixing bowl. I then added the wet ingredients – eggs, melted butter, and milk – and mixed until the batter was smooth. Finally, I added diced apples and stirred until the apples were evenly distributed in the batter.
Once the batter was ready, I poured it into a greased baking pan and sprinkled a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top. After baking for about 25 minutes, the apple fritter bread was ready for us to enjoy. My family and I had a wonderful Sunday morning breakfast, with a cup of hot tea and a slice of the delicious bread.
Tip 1: For a sweeter bread, you can add 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the batter.
Tip 2: To add more flavor, try adding 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the batter.
Variation 1: For a fun twist, replace the apples with other fruits such as blueberries, blackberries, or peaches.
Variation 2: For a more indulgent treat, try adding 1/2 cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter.
Delicious Apple Fritter Bread
- Mixing bowl, baking pan, measuring cups, measuring spoons, wooden spoon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup melted butter
- 0.5 cup milk
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs, melted butter, and milk. Mix until the batter is smooth.
- Add the diced apples and stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×5-inch (23×13 cm) loaf pan.
- Sprinkle a mixture of cinnamon and sugar on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.