As a passionate food enthusiast, I’m always looking for new and exciting recipes to share with my readers. This week, I’m excited to share one of my new favorite recipes – Baked Zucchini Fritters!
I discovered this recipe while experimenting with different ways to use up some of the zucchini from my garden. I wanted to make something that was easy to make, full of flavor, and had a crispy texture. I’m thrilled to say that these Baked Zucchini Fritters hit all of those marks!
These fritters are made with a simple combination of grated zucchini, shredded cheese, herbs, and a few other ingredients. I like to top them with a dollop of spicy aioli for an extra kick of flavor. They make a great snack or appetizer, and they’re sure to be a hit with the whole family.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to use up some of your summer zucchini, give these Baked Zucchini Fritters a try!
For a delicious twist, try adding a handful of cooked bacon to the fritter mixture. You can also use different types of cheese, such as cheddar, mozzarella, or Parmesan. If you’re looking for a bit of heat, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the mixture.
These fritters can also be made ahead and frozen. Just let them cool completely before transferring them to a freezer-safe bag or container. To reheat, simply bake in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.
Delicious Baked Zucchini Fritters
- baking sheet, mixing bowl, spoon, spatula, large skillet
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 0.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 cup shredded cheese
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used chives and parsley)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated zucchini, flour, cheese, herbs, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until everything is well combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop the mixture into small patties and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the fritters are golden and crispy.
- Serve with a dollop of spicy aioli, if desired.