My family and I love Chinese food, and this quick and easy Chinese chicken and broccoli stir-fry is one of our absolute favorites. It’s a family-favorite that’s been passed down through generations. I remember my grandmother first teaching me how to make it when I was just a little girl. It’s a great way to get a taste of Chinese cuisine while using ingredients that are easy to find in any grocery store.
This cast-iron skillet stir-fry is perfect for busy weeknights because it only takes about 30 minutes to put together. There’s no need to wait for the takeout – you can create the same flavors at home in just a few minutes! Plus, the flavor of the cast-iron skillet really brings out the best in the chicken and broccoli.
I love to serve this Chinese chicken and broccoli stir-fry with steamed rice or noodles, but it’s also delicious with a side of roasted vegetables. It’s a quick and easy meal that the whole family can enjoy, and the leftovers make for a great lunch the next day. Enjoy!
Tip: For a spicier stir-fry, add more red pepper flakes or switch up the type of pepper you use. For a vegetarian version, substitute the chicken with extra-firm tofu.
Variation: Instead of broccoli, you can use other vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
Family-favorite Chinese Chicken and Broccoli
- Cast iron skillet
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 0.5 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 0.25 cup sliced almonds
- Heat sesame oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, and honey and stir to combine.
- Add broccoli and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.