It’s no secret that I’m a sucker for anything sweet and comforting. As a kid, I remember my mom making this classic Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Pecans dish on special occasions, and it quickly became a family favorite. Now I make it with my own kids, and they absolutely love it!
The best part about this delicious recipe is that it’s so simple to make. All you need is a few fresh apples, some cinnamon, and a handful of pecans. I like to use a mix of tart and sweet apples to get the perfect balance of flavors. Once the apples are cored and filled with the cinnamon and pecan mixture, just pop them in the oven and let them bake until they’re perfectly golden and tender.
This is such a great way to end a meal or just enjoy a cozy snack. It’s also a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen – and you can use whatever apples you have on hand.
Variations: If you’re looking for a different flavor, you can swap out the pecans for walnuts or almonds. You can also add a pinch of ground cloves, allspice, or ginger for a unique twist. For a vegan version, use coconut oil instead of butter.
Healthy Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Pecans
- baking dish, mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, knife, spoon
- 4 apples, cored and sliced
- 0.25 cup pecans, chopped
- 0.25 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the pecans, brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
- Fill each apple core with the pecan mixture.
- Place the apples in a baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the pecan mixture is golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!