I’m always looking for new and creative ways to enjoy the various flavors in my kitchen, and this Healthy French Apple-Mint Spritzer is a great example. I had a feeling that the combination of tart green apples, fresh mint, and sparkling Prosecco would be a winning combination. I was right! This spritzer is the perfect drink for special occasions and celebrations, but it’s also light enough to just enjoy on a hot summer day.
The first time I tried this, I was making dinner for my family. I had picked up some apples from the local farmers market and wanted to use them in a unique way. I had some mint growing in my garden, so I decided to give it a try. I made the drink with Prosecco and added a few slices of green apples, which added a nice tartness to the drink.
My family loved it, and it quickly became a family favorite. We now make this spritzer for almost every special occasion, from Mother’s Day to Christmas dinner. It’s a great way to add a bit of sparkle to any special day.
- If you want to make a sweeter version, replace the Prosecco with apple juice or apple cider.
- You can also add a bit of lime juice to give the drink a bit of tartness.
- To make a more festive version, add a few drops of food coloring.
- For a fun twist, try adding a few sprigs of rosemary to the drink.
- If you like spicy drinks, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- You can also use different types of apples, such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp.
Healthy French Apple-Mint Spritzer
- Cocktail shaker, strainer, ice cubes, highball glass
- 0.5 cup green apples, thinly sliced
- 0.25 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 0.25 cup white sugar
- 0.5 cup sparkling Prosecco
- null Ice cubes, as needed
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the apples, mint leaves, and sugar until combined.
- Add the Prosecco and some ice cubes and shake until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a highball glass filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and apple slices.