Growing up, my family always had an abundance of eggplants in our kitchen. I remember my grandmother making a variety of dishes with eggplants, from curries to soups to this delicious baked eggplant with feta and olives. I’ve taken her classic recipe and given it a modern twist by adding Indian spices, feta cheese, and olives. This healthy and delicious Indian-inspired dish is perfect for a weekday meal and is sure to be a hit with family and friends!
- Tip: If you want to add a kick to this dish, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Variation: You can also add other vegetables such as zucchini, mushrooms, and bell peppers to this dish.
Healthy Indian Baked Eggplant With Feta and Olives
- Baking sheet, aluminum foil, mixing bowl, whisk, spoon
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 0.25 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- null Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with oil.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on the baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with feta cheese, olives, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the eggplant is cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.