This Indulgent Baked Zucchini Parmesan is a family favorite in my house! I remember my Mom making this dish for us every Sunday when I was a kid. I’m sure that’s why I love it so much. The combination of the crispy cheese, the flavorful tomato sauce, and the tender zucchini slices is just perfect. Plus, it’s so easy to make!
My Mom used to make it with a lot of cheese and a lot of tomato sauce, but I like to keep it a bit lighter. I use a mix of mozzarella and Parmesan, and I reduce the amount of sauce. That way, the zucchini really takes center stage. It’s still indulgent, but not too heavy.
This Indulgent Baked Zucchini Parmesan is the perfect dish for a Sunday dinner. Everyone in my family loves it, and I’m sure yours will too!
Variations: You can also add other vegetables to this dish, such as mushrooms, bell peppers, or onions. For a meatier version, you can add cooked sausage or ground beef.
Tip: To make sure the cheese gets nice and crispy, top the dish with extra grated Parmesan cheese before baking.
Indulgent Baked Zucchini Parmesan
- oven, baking dish, grater
- 3 zucchinis, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the zucchini slices to the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the zucchini and sprinkle with oregano.
- Mix the Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses together and sprinkle over the top of the dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.