As an Italian recipe blogger, I’m always looking for ways to bring classic Italian flavors to the table in new, exciting ways. I was inspired to create this recipe after my family shared one of my favorite childhood memories: gathering around the grill on summer nights and grilling up delicious chicken with classic Italian flavors. This Grilled Italian Chicken recipe is the perfect combination of juicy, flavorful chicken and classic Italian spices.
I start by marinating the chicken in a mixture of olive oil, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and lemon juice. The lemon juice helps to tenderize the chicken, while the rosemary and oregano add a delicious herbal flavor. I like to let the chicken marinate for at least an hour, but you can also marinate it overnight for a deeper flavor.
Once the chicken is marinated, I get the grill going and place the chicken on the grill. I cook the chicken for about 10 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. As the chicken cooks, I like to baste it with a bit of the marinade for extra flavor.
Once the chicken is cooked, I plate it up with some of the vegetables that I cooked on the grill. I love to serve this Grilled Italian Chicken with a side of roasted potatoes and a salad for a complete meal. I’m sure that this delicious dish will become a staple in your home, just like it is in mine. Enjoy!
For a spicier flavor: Add 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the marinade.
For a smokier flavor: Add 1/4 cup of smoked paprika to the marinade.
For a sweeter flavor: Add 1 tablespoon of honey to the marinade.
Indulgent Grilled Italian Chicken
- Grill, aluminum foil, tongs, mixing bowl, knife, cutting board
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 0.25 cup lemon juice
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- null Vegetables of your choice, for grilling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add chicken to the marinade and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the grill and serve with your favorite vegetables.