When I was growing up, quesadillas were a staple in our family. Whether we were having a family dinner, a game night, or just a quick snack, quesadillas were always on the menu. I loved the way my mom would fill them with all sorts of delicious veggies and cheese and then grill them to perfection. As I got older, I started experimenting with different ingredients and flavors, and this recipe for grilled veggie quesadillas is the result of one of those experiments.
I started with a classic quesadilla base of melted cheese, then added some of my favorite vegetables. I used bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and zucchini, but feel free to mix and match whatever vegetables you have on hand. For even more flavor, I seasoned the vegetables with a dash of chili powder and cumin before grilling them.
Once the vegetables were grilled, I added them to a tortilla with some extra cheese, folded it in half, and grilled it until the cheese was melted and the tortilla was golden and crisp. The result was a flavor-packed, indulgent grilled veggie quesadilla that I know my family would approve of.
So next time you’re looking for a delicious, budget-friendly meal, try this recipe for indulgent grilled veggie quesadillas. They’re sure to become a family favorite!
Add Protein. For an extra protein boost, add cooked chicken, beef, or black beans to your quesadillas.
Switch Up the Cheese. Feel free to experiment with different types of cheese. I love using a blend of pepper jack and cheddar, but you can also use mozzarella, Monterey jack, or any other cheese you have on hand.
Make It Spicy. Add some heat to your quesadillas by adding a dash of cayenne pepper or your favorite hot sauce.
Indulgent Grilled Veggie Quesadillas
- Grill, cutting board, knife, bowl, spatula, non-stick pan
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 0.5 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 0.5 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 0.5 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.5 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bell peppers, onion, zucchini, mushrooms, chili powder, cumin, and olive oil. Mix until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Place the vegetables on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
- To assemble the quesadillas, place a tortilla on a flat surface. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on one half of the tortilla, top with the grilled vegetables, and sprinkle with an additional 1/4 cup of cheese. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Carefully place the quesadilla on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden and crisp.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately.