Growing up in a big family, I always knew there was something special about food. I remember my mom making big batches of Chinese sesame chicken, which was always a hit with my siblings. I have since taken that recipe and made it my own, and I’m excited to share it with all of you!
This Chinese sesame chicken is a great dish for busy weeknights when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare a meal. It’s quick and easy to make, and it’s full of flavor. The chicken is marinated in a simple mixture of soy sauce, honey, and garlic, and then cooked in a hot skillet until it’s golden-brown and crispy. The sesame seeds and green onions add a pop of color and flavor that make the dish even more delicious!
This Chinese sesame chicken is the perfect meal for the whole family. Serve it up with some steamed rice and your favorite veggies, and you have a delicious, healthy meal that everyone will love. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!
Variation: For a spicier version, add some red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of sriracha sauce to the marinade.
Tip: If you don’t have sesame oil, you can use vegetable or canola oil instead.
Mouth-watering Chinese Sesame Chicken
- Large pot, stove, knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 0.25 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 0.5 cup sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and sesame oil. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and sesame seeds. Add the sesame seed mixture to the chicken and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it is golden-brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the green onions and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve the Chinese sesame chicken with steamed rice and your favorite veggies.