I was inspired to create this recipe when I was looking for a nutritious and delicious breakfast that was quick and easy to make. I wanted something that was full of flavor and packed with essential vitamins and minerals. That’s why I decided to make this smoothie bowl with yogurt. It’s a great way to get in a nutritious breakfast or snack in just minutes!
This smoothie bowl is made with fresh fruit, yogurt, and granola. I love the combination of flavors and textures that this recipe has. Plus, you can customize it to your own tastes by adding or substituting different ingredients. I added some honey and almond butter for added sweetness and crunch. Feel free to add whatever ingredients you like to make it your own!
For a vegan version of this smoothie bowl, substitute the Greek yogurt for a non-dairy alternative, such as coconut yogurt or almond milk yogurt. For added sweetness, you could also add a drizzle of maple syrup or agave nectar.
If you don’t have fresh fruit on hand, you can use frozen fruit instead. I love to use frozen mango, blueberries, and raspberries for this recipe.
You can also add other toppings to your smoothie bowl such as shredded coconut, chopped nuts, chia seeds, or cacao nibs.
Nutritious Fruit Smoothie Bowl with Yogurt
- Blender, Bowl, Spoon
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 0.5 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 0.25 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional)
- Add the frozen banana, strawberries, and yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl and top with the granola, honey, and almond butter. Enjoy!