My Prosecco Spritz is the perfect summer cocktail to share with friends. It’s light, refreshing, and the perfect balance of sweet and tart. This version of the classic Italian cocktail is lighter and healthier than the traditional recipe, thanks to the addition of fresh citrus juice. I love to make this recipe with my family and friends, and it always brings smiles to their faces!
The recipe is simple – just mix sparkling wine, Aperol, and freshly-squeezed citrus juice. I like to use a mix of lemon, lime and orange juice. To really make it special, I like to garnish it with a sprig of rosemary and a lemon wedge. The combination of sweet and tart is irresistibly delicious, and I can’t help but smile when I sip it!
This Prosecco Spritz is a healthier alternative to the traditional recipe and can be enjoyed guilt-free. Not only is it delicious but it’s also full of healthy vitamins and minerals from the fresh citrus juice. So go ahead and enjoy a guilt-free drink this summer – you deserve it!
- If you don’t have Prosecco, you can substitute with sparkling white wine.
- For a sweeter drink, use less Aperol and more citrus juice.
- If you don’t have Aperol, you can substitute with Campari.
- Add a splash of soda water for a refreshing twist.
- Substitute the citrus juice with pineapple juice for a tropical twist.
- Add a few dashes of bitters for an extra kick.
Nutritious Italian Prosecco Spritz
- cocktail shaker, champagne flute, citrus juicer, lemon wedges
- 4 ounces Prosecco
- 2 ounces Aperol
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- null lemon wedges and fresh herbs for garnish
- In a shaker, add the Prosecco, Aperol, lemon juice, lime juice and orange juice.
- Shake until combined.
- Pour into a champagne flute.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh herbs.