When it comes to snacks, I love to make something that’s both delicious and nutritious. That’s why I love my slow cooker French apple fritter bread! It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and it’s full of flavor. Plus, it’s easy to make and foolproof – you just need to throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and let it do its thing!
I was inspired to make this recipe by my grandmother’s apple fritter bread. She used to make it every Thanksgiving, and it was always a hit. I wanted to make a version that was just as delicious, but with a healthier twist. I swapped out some of the sugar for apple sauce and added some ground flaxseed for added nutrition. I also used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose flour, and the result was a delicious and nutritious loaf that my whole family loves!
So, if you’re looking for a snack that’s delicious, nutritious, and easy to make, you’ve got to try this slow cooker French apple fritter bread. Trust me, it’s sure to become a family favorite!
Tip 1: If you don’t have whole wheat pastry flour, you can substitute all-purpose flour.
Tip 2: If you want to make the bread even healthier, you can substitute some of the dark brown sugar with honey or maple syrup.
Tip 3: For a sweeter bread, you can add 1/4 cup of raisins or dried cranberries.
Tip 4: For an extra crunch, sprinkle some chopped walnuts or pecans on top of the bread before baking.
Nutritious Slow Cooker French Apple Fritter Bread
- Slow cooker or Instant Pot, large bowl, whisk, wooden spoon
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 0.75 cup apple sauce
- 0.5 cup dark brown sugar
- 0.25 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced apples
- Grease the slow cooker with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed, applesauce, dark brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Pour the batter into the greased slow cooker and spread it out evenly.
- Cover and cook on high for 2.5 hours or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes before serving.