Who doesn’t love tacos? Growing up, tacos were a family favorite for my family. I remember my mom would make them for us every week and it was always a fun experience. I wanted to create a recipe that would bring back those memories and make tacos a staple in my own home. That’s why I created these slow cooker Mexican Chicken Tacos.
These tacos are made with boneless chicken thighs, bell peppers, onions, garlic, and a mix of Mexican spices. I love the combination of flavors and textures in this dish. The chicken is tender, the peppers and onions are flavorful, and the spices give it a nice kick.
I like to serve these tacos with a side of guacamole, a dollop of sour cream, and a squeeze of lime juice. It’s a delicious meal that my family loves. Plus, it’s so easy to make. All you have to do is put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do its magic.
These Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Tacos are sure to be a hit in your family. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
- Add a can of diced tomatoes for more flavor.
- Substitute chicken thighs with chicken breasts.
- Swap bell peppers with jalapenos for a spicier dish.
- Add a can of black beans to the ingredients for extra protein.
Popular Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Tacos
- Slow cooker
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Add all ingredients except chicken broth to the slow cooker.
- Pour chicken broth over the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken in tacos with your favorite toppings.