I love a good potato salad, and this Indian-inspired version is one of my favorites! I created this recipe one afternoon when I was looking for something to make for dinner that was quick and easy, but still full of flavor. I had some potatoes in the pantry and decided to add some vibrant spices to give it an Indian twist. My family loved it and now it’s our go-to for summer barbecues and potlucks.
This Quick Indian Spiced Potato Salad is so easy to make, and it’s loaded with flavor! The combination of potatoes, herbs, and spices is the perfect way to spice up a classic dish. It’s also great for meal prepping, as it can be enjoyed warm or cold. Plus, this recipe is vegan and gluten-free, so it’s perfect for all diets.
So if you’re looking for a tasty and easy salad that’s full of flavor, this Quick Indian Spiced Potato Salad is the perfect recipe for you!
– For a creamier potato salad, add 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise to the dressing.
– To make this recipe spicier, add more cayenne pepper or red chili powder.
– For a different flavor, try adding 1/4 cup of chopped fresh parsley instead of cilantro.
– If you don’t have cumin seed powder, you can use ground cumin instead.
– If you don’t have garam masala, you can substitute with curry powder.
– For a more flavorful dish, try roasting the potatoes before adding them to the salad.
Quick Indian Spiced Potato Salad
- Cutting board, medium-sized bowl, whisk, large bowl, tongs
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 0.5 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh mint
- 0.25 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- null Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cumin seed powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cayenne pepper, and turmeric until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the diced potatoes, cilantro, mint, red onion, and lemon juice. Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.