As a passionate food enthusiast, I’m always looking for ways to bring something new to the table. I recently came across an amazing recipe for grilled eggplant with balsamic reduction, and I just had to try it out! This dish is a great way to make a delicious meal out of simple ingredients. It’s perfect for a summer barbecue or a weeknight dinner. The smoky flavor of the grilled eggplant pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy balsamic reduction, making it a favorite with both vegetarians and meat-eaters alike!
For a richer flavor, try marinating the eggplant in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs before grilling. You can also add some crushed garlic or chili flakes to the balsamic reduction for an extra kick!
Savory Grilled Eggplant with Balsamic Reduction
- Grill, cutting board, knife, bowl, whisk
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- null Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the eggplant slices on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, honey, and rosemary in a small bowl until combined.
- Brush the eggplant slices with the balsamic reduction and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the reduction has caramelized.
- Serve the grilled eggplant with the remaining balsamic reduction, and enjoy!