One of my favorite weekend breakfast recipes is French Toast with Maple Syrup. It brings back fond memories of my childhood when my mom used to make this for us on lazy Sunday mornings. I love the combination of the sweet crispy French toast and the rich maple syrup. It’s a classic combination that never fails to hit the spot.
This recipe is easy to make and requires basic ingredients. The secret to making the perfect French Toast is to use thick slices of bread, which will help the toast stay crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Make sure to whisk the eggs and milk together well so you get a nice creamy batter.
Once you’ve prepared the batter, it’s time to get cooking! Fry the French Toast on a medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve up with a generous pour of your favorite maple syrup and a side of fresh fruit.
This Scrumptious French Toast with Maple Syrup is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Enjoy!
- For a vegan version, use dairy-free milk and margarine instead of butter.
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free bread.
- For an extra sweet kick, add a tablespoon of sugar to the batter.
- For a more savory flavor, add some fresh herbs to the batter.
- For a twist on the classic, try adding a sprinkle of shredded coconut to the batter.
Scrumptious French Toast with Maple Syrup
- Frying pan, spatula, bowl, whisk, plate
- 4 slices of thick white bread
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 0.25 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.25 teaspoon ground allspice
- 0.333 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg mixture and then place in the frying pan.
- Cook the French Toast for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Serve with a generous pour of maple syrup and a side of fresh fruit.