I love making frittatas for my family. This Roasted Tomato and Feta Cheese Frittata is one of our favorites. I love how easy and versatile this dish is, and the flavor is simply scrumptious. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover vegetables in the fridge.
My mom used to make frittatas all the time when I was growing up. She would often let us pick out the ingredients from the garden. I remember picking tomatoes and herbs with my siblings and adding them to the frittata mix. We would then add feta cheese for a salty and creamy flavor.
I’ve been making this Roasted Tomato and Feta Cheese Frittata for years, and it’s always a hit with my family. I always serve it with a side salad, and it’s the perfect light and delicious breakfast. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Tips and Variations:
- This frittata is perfect for using up any leftover vegetables you have in your fridge. Feel free to mix in any vegetables you like.
- For a vegan option, omit the feta cheese and use a plant-based milk.
- For a spicier frittata, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Scrumptious Roasted Tomato and Feta Cheese Frittata
- large skillet, oven-safe bowl, whisk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.5 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup fresh herbs (basil, oregano, parsley), chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 0.5 cup milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper and cook until the tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the feta cheese and herbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until combined.
- Add the tomato mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-safe bowl and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the frittata is set and lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.