When I was growing up, my mom used to make the most delicious garlic bread for special occasions and family gatherings. It was always a hit, and I remember her taking extra time to make sure the herbs were perfectly blended and the bread was toasted to perfection. I wanted to recreate this recipe and give it my own twist, so I added a few extra spices and herbs, and the result was simply delicious!
Whether you’re having a dinner party or just a family night in, this gourmet garlic bread is sure to be a hit. With its golden-brown, toasty exterior and perfect blend of herbs, it’s sure to become a family favorite. So let’s get started!
Variations: For a cheesy garlic bread, add 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese to the butter mixture. You can also try adding different herbs and spices to the mix, such as rosemary or red pepper flakes.
Tips: Make sure to use softened butter so it blends easily into the herbs and spices. You can also use a food processor to blend the butter and herbs together for a smoother texture. For extra flavor, toast the bread in the oven before adding the garlic mixture.
Simply Delicious Appetizer: Gourmet Garlic Bread
- Cutting board, knife, baking sheet, oven
- 1 loaf French bread
- 0.5 cup butter, softened
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 0.25 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.25 teaspoon dried parsley
- 0.25 teaspoon dried basil
- 0.25 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.25 teaspoon onion powder
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the French bread into 1-inch slices and place them on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, oregano, parsley, basil, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the mixture onto each slice of bread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the bread is golden-brown and toasted.
- Serve warm.