I can’t think of a better way to beat the heat than with a Mexican Mango Margarita. It is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors, with a hint of heat from the tequila for a truly unique twist on the classic margarita. I recently served this at a family reunion and it was a hit! Everyone loved the flavor and asked for the recipe. I’m so excited to share it with you!
This recipe is a family favorite and was passed down to me from my grandmother. Every summer, she would make Mexican Mango Margaritas for our family gatherings. I remember the way the sweet mango and tangy lime would mingle together with the tequila and make the most delicious drink. Now I make it for my own family and friends, and they always love it!
The secret to this drink is to use the freshest mangoes you can find. It’s best to use ripe mangoes that are sweet and juicy. I like to buy them from the farmers’ market, but you can also find them in most grocery stores. Once you have your mangoes, simply blend them with lime juice, tequila, and a touch of agave nectar for sweetness. Then, pour the mixture into a shaker with ice and shake until icy cold. Finally, pour the margarita into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and a mango slice.
This Mexican Mango Margarita is sure to be a hit at your next gathering. It’s the perfect summer cocktail – sweet, tangy, and full of flavor. Cheers!
For a virgin version: Leave out the tequila and replace with 1/2 cup of orange juice.
For a spicy version: Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the drink.
For a frozen version: Blend the mango, lime juice, tequila, and agave nectar with 2 cups of ice until smooth.
Tasty Mexican Mango Margarita
- Blender, Margarita glasses, Cocktail shaker
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 0.5 cup fresh lime juice
- 0.5 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- null Ice
- null Lime wedges and mango slices for garnish
- In a blender, combine the mangoes, lime juice, tequila, and agave nectar. Blend until smooth.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour the margarita mixture over the ice. Cover and shake until icy cold.
- Pour the margarita into glasses and garnish with a lime wedge and a mango slice.