I remember the first time I ever made this egg bake for my husband and kids. It was a special summer morning, and I wanted to do something out of the ordinary for breakfast. I wanted to make something that was easy to put together, but still delicious and special. I stumbled upon this recipe and knew it was perfect. I gathered all the ingredients, whisked the eggs, and put it all together. The smell of it baking in the oven was heavenly. When I took it out of the oven, I could hardly wait to try it. Everyone in my family was blown away by how delicious it was! We now make this egg bake at least once a week – it’s the BEST way to start the day!
– Add 1 cup of diced cooked ham or sausage
– Replace the cheeses with your favorite cheese blend
– Replace the herbs with your favorite herbs
– Add 1/2 cup of cooked vegetables like spinach or mushrooms
The Best Breakfast Egg Bake
- Oven, 9×13 baking dish, whisk, mixing bowl
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon dried basil
- 0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 0.25 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the cheese and bacon in the dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set and the top is lightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.