I have been a fan of Mexican cuisine for as long as I can remember. Growing up, my mom would make these delicious chicken enchiladas for special occasions, and I wanted to recreate that experience in my own kitchen. Recently, I decided to give them a twist by using my pressure cooker to make the dish. After a few attempts, I was able to perfect a version that I’m proud to share with you all!
My Pressure Cooker Mexican Chicken Enchiladas are a delicious combination of chicken, spices, and melted cheese all rolled up in a soft tortilla. The pressure cooker makes it quick and easy to get the chicken to the perfect tenderness, while the cheese and spices bring out the bold flavors of the dish. I like to top them with a dollop of sour cream for an extra kick of creaminess.
This dish is not only easy to make, but it is also a great way to get my family to eat healthier. By using the pressure cooker to cook the chicken, I am able to reduce the amount of fat and calories that go into the dish, while still keeping it flavorful. Plus, I can easily add in extra vegetables to make it more nutritious.
I love to serve this dish with a side of Mexican-style rice and beans for a complete meal. It’s a great way to get everyone around the table for a delicious and healthy dinner. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the chicken for black beans.
- For a spicier version, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- For a creamier version, add a cup of heavy cream to the filling.
Wellness Mexican Pressure Cooker Chicken Enchiladas
- Pressure cooker
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 0.5 cup salsa
- 8-10 burrito-sized flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 0.5 cup sour cream
- Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, salsa, and stir to combine.
- Secure the lid on the pressure cooker and set the valve to “seal”. Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure.
- Release the pressure and open the lid. Remove the chicken from the pressure cooker and shred it with two forks.
- Stir in the shredded chicken, cheese, and sour cream. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spoon a generous amount of the chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll up and place seam-side down in a greased 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.