As a busy mom, I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes that my family will love—and these Apple Pie Pancakes are a definite hit! I created this recipe one morning when I was in a hurry to get the kids off to school and wanted to make them a special breakfast. I had some apples that were starting to go a bit soft, and I figured what better way to use them than to make a delicious breakfast treat. After experimenting a bit in the kitchen, I ended up with this authentic apple pie pancakes recipe that my kids just love. They can’t get enough of it!
The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it however you want. If you want more of an apple pie flavor, use a bit more cinnamon and nutmeg. If you’re looking for a sweeter, more cinnamon-doughnut type of flavor, add more sugar. You can even add a bit of maple syrup or honey if you’d like. And don’t forget to top it off with a generous dollop of whipped cream or ice cream for an extra special treat!
My whole family loves these Apple Pie Pancakes, and I’m sure yours will too. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
– For a sweeter pancake, add an extra tablespoon of sugar.
– For a more apple pie-like flavor, add an extra teaspoon of cinnamon and nutmeg.
– For a richer flavor, add a tablespoon of maple syrup or honey.
– Instead of apples, use pears, peaches, or blueberries.
– Add 1/4 cup of chopped nuts for some crunch.
– Use whole wheat flour for a healthier version.
Authentic Apple Pie Pancakes
- Frying pan, mixing bowl, whisk, spatula
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup apples, peeled and diced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, and egg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and grease with butter or cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the skillet for each pancake and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve with butter, syrup, whipped cream, or ice cream, if desired.