My Greek Salad with Feta and Olives is a flavorful and authentic salad that is perfect for any occasion. Growing up in a Greek-American household, this salad has been a staple in my family for generations. It’s a great way to incorporate fresh, seasonal ingredients into a delicious and nutritious meal. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be served as a side dish or as a main course.
This Greek Salad with Feta and Olives is a healthy option filled with crunchy vegetables, salty feta cheese, and briny olives. It’s a great way to get your vitamins and minerals, and the combination of flavors and textures makes it a really satisfying dish. Plus, it’s incredibly versatile and can be customized to your tastes. Whether you’re looking for a light lunch or a hearty dinner, this Greek Salad is sure to please.
So, if you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of Greece, then this Greek Salad with Feta and Olives is for you!
Tips and Variations
- For a vegan version, omit the feta cheese and add 1/2 cup of chickpeas for extra protein.
- For a Mediterranean twist, add 1/2 cup of artichoke hearts.
- For a Mexican twist, add 1-2 avocados and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- For a Thai twist, add 1/2 cup of shredded carrots, 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, and 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- For a Tex-Mex twist, add 1/2 cup of black beans and 1/2 cup of corn.
Authentic Greek Salad with Feta and Olives
- A large bowl, cutting board, knife, and measuring cups
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 0.5 red onion, diced
- 0.5 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.5 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and red onion.
- Add the feta cheese and olives and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.