When I was growing up, Sunday mornings were all about my mom’s best-ever oatmeal pancakes. She’d whip up a batch and the smell of freshly baked pancakes would fill the house. We would all fight over who got to help her in the kitchen. I have so many fond memories of our family gathered around the breakfast table, enjoying these delicious, wholesome pancakes.
I wanted to share the same experience with my own family, so I experimented with my mom’s recipe and eventually perfected it. I added a few special touches like using oats and adding a sprinkle of cinnamon. These baked oatmeal pancakes come out fluffy, golden-brown, and delicious every time!
Variations: You can add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar if you prefer your pancakes sweeter. You can also add ½ cup of raisins, blueberries, or chocolate chips for extra flavor and texture. You can also switch up the spices and use nutmeg, ginger, or allspice.
Best Baked Oatmeal Pancakes
- Baking sheet, whisk, bowl, spatula, measuring cups and spoons
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 1.25 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of batter onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a 4-inch pancake. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until golden-brown and cooked through.
- Serve with butter, syrup, and your favorite toppings.