Growing up, my family always had a plate of smoky apple bacon crackers on special occasions. We would gather around the table and each of us would get to pick our favorite flavor. As a kid, I was always drawn to the sweet and smoky flavors of this snack. When I moved out of home, I knew I wanted to make sure I kept this tradition alive in my own family. So I started experimenting with different ingredients and flavors and eventually settled on this delicious recipe.
These crackers are made with a combination of apples, bacon, and a touch of smoky paprika. The apples provide the perfect sweetness, while the smoky paprika and bacon give the crackers their delicious flavor. The flavors come together to create a perfect balance of sweet and savory. I like to serve my crackers with a side of apples, which helps to balance out the smoky flavors.
My family loves these crackers, and I’m sure yours will too. So why not try making some of these delicious Best Smoky Apple Bacon Crackers for your next special occasion?
Variations: You can also add other ingredients such as almonds, walnuts, or raisins to the crackers. You can also substitute the bacon for cooked sausage or ham.
Tips: Make sure to use the freshest ingredients possible for the best results.
If the crackers come out too soft, bake them for a few more minutes.
Feel free to adjust the seasoning as desired.
Best Smoky Apple Bacon Crackers
- baking sheet, parchment paper
- 0.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 0.25 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 0.25 cup applesauce
- 0.25 cup packed light brown sugar
- 0.25 cup honey
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 0.5 cup apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the smoked paprika and salt and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, applesauce, brown sugar and honey.
- Add the bacon and apple to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into a flat circle about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool before serving.