As a family, we love to celebrate the flavors of Mexico. I always try to make something special that is both delicious and easy to make. That’s why I’m excited to share my easy Mexican Street Corn Salad recipe with you!
This classic Mexican side dish is full of flavor, and it’s a great way to get your family together to enjoy a delicious meal. It’s made with fresh sweet corn, creamy mayonnaise, and a hint of spice from the chili powder. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover corn you have!
My daughter loves to help prepare this dish. She’s in charge of cutting the corn off the cob and adding it to the bowl. It’s a great opportunity for her to learn how to cook, and it’s a fun activity for us to do together! We always have a great time making it, and it’s so delicious that we have to make extra so everyone can have seconds.
Whenever I serve this Mexican Street Corn Salad, my family and friends always rave about it. It’s the perfect dish to bring to a potluck or picnic, and it’s always a hit! So, be sure to give it a try and let me know what you think.
- If you don’t have cotija cheese, you can substitute with feta or queso fresco.
- For an extra kick of flavor, add a few diced jalapeños to the salad.
- If you want an even creamier salad, add a tablespoon of cream cheese.
- For a vegan version, use vegan mayonnaise and vegan cheese.
- Add a can of black beans to the salad for extra protein.
- Top the salad with diced avocado for a delicious and nutritious addition.
- Add diced bell peppers for a pop of color and flavor.
- Drizzle the salad with hot sauce for an extra spicy kick.
Classic Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Large Bowl, Whisk, Knife, Cutting Board, Pot for boiling water, Frying Pan
- 3 ears corn, husked and cut off the cob
- 0.25 cup mayonnaise
- 0.25 cup sour cream
- 0.25 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 0.25 teaspoon chili powder
- 0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.25 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- null juice of 1 lime
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Add the corn and cook for 7-10 minutes until tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooled corn and lime juice to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature.