Baked garlic parmesan fries are one of my favorite comfort foods. Growing up, my mom would cook up a batch of these delicious fries as a special treat for my brother and I. This recipe is my version of her classic, with a few tweaks to make it even more flavorful. The combination of garlic and parmesan is always a winner, and these fries come out crispy and golden-brown every single time. I guarantee that you and your family will love them!
- For extra crunch: Add 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs for an extra crunchy texture.
- For a spicy kick: Add 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes for an extra spicy kick.
- For a vegetarian version: Substitute the Parmesan cheese with vegan Parmesan.
Comforting Baked Garlic Parmesan Fries
- rimmed baking sheet, parchment paper, mixing bowl, whisk, kitchen brush, tongs
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 0.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.5 teaspoon dried basil
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into 1/4-inch thick fries.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, Parmesan or Romano cheese, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Toss the fries in the mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Spread the fries in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden-brown and crispy, flipping the fries halfway through.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.