This Comforting Chinese Egg Fried Rice is a family favorite and is always a hit at the dinner table. My grandmother used to make this dish whenever I visited her and it always brought a smile to my face. She would often tell stories about her childhood growing up in China, and each time she made this dish, it was like a little piece of home. I’ve been making this Comforting Chinese Egg Fried Rice ever since I was a child, and now I’m excited to share it with you.
This recipe is so easy to make, and it’s so comforting to have a bowl of it on a cold winter night. The ingredients are easy to find and the flavor is amazing. It’s the perfect dish to make when you want something comforting and delicious. The best part is that you can customize it to your liking. You can add vegetables like carrots, peppers, and onions, or add your favorite spices. You can also switch up the type of rice used, like basmati or jasmine rice.
I hope you enjoy this Comforting Chinese Egg Fried Rice as much as my family does. It’s a great way to bring everyone together and share a delicious meal. Bon Appetit!
For a vegetarian version, omit the eggs and replace them with extra vegetables like carrots, peppers, and mushrooms.
For a spicier version, add some sriracha or chili flakes.
For a vegan version, use a plant-based egg substitute and replace the sesame oil with vegetable oil.
Comforting Chinese Egg Fried Rice
- Slow cooker, large pot and wooden spoon
- 2 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 0.25 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer it to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, onion, garlic, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the egg mixture. Scramble until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked egg mixture to the cooked rice and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.