Growing up in a French family, this comforting chicken casserole has been a staple meal in my household for as long as I can remember. This is a recipe that has been passed down through generations, to the point where it’s almost like a family heirloom. It’s a simple yet hearty dish that can be enjoyed by the whole family, and is sure to become a favorite.
This one-pan meal is packed with flavor and nutrition, and is surprisingly easy to make. The combination of tender chicken, flavorful herbs, and fresh vegetables make for a delicious and satisfying dish. The best part is that it can be prepped ahead of time, so you can enjoy more time in the kitchen with your family and less time prepping.
If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal that you can enjoy with your family, look no further. This French Chicken Casserole is sure to hit the spot!
- If you don’t have white wine, you can substitute it with a dry white vermouth or sherry.
- For a gluten-free option, use gluten-free flour.
- For a dairy-free option, use almond milk or oat milk instead of heavy cream.
- To make this dish spicier, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the mix.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute the chicken with tofu.
Comforting French Chicken Casserole
- Baking dish, skillet, and oven
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon pepper
- 0.5 cup white wine
- 0.5 cup chicken broth
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- 0.5 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and season with thyme, oregano, rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add white wine, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.