As a passionate food enthusiast, I’m always looking for new and delicious recipes that I can share with my readers. This holiday season, I wanted to create a recipe that was simple, flavorful, and something that everyone can enjoy. That’s why I created this Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Apples recipe – it’s a perfect way to bring a little holiday cheer to the table!
This recipe is inspired by my love for roasted vegetables. I love the way that the flavors of the vegetables come out when they are roasted – the brussels sprouts become tender and sweet, while the apples add a hint of tartness and a great crunch. I added some fresh herbs to give it a little extra flavor, and a hint of olive oil to bring it all together.
For a vegan version, simply omit the olive oil and use vegetable broth or water instead.
If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, you can use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary instead.
Feel free to add other vegetables to the mix – carrots, sweet potatoes, or butternut squash would all work great!
Delicious Holiday Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples
- Baking sheet, large bowl, measuring cups and spoons, knife, cutting board
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large apples, cored and diced
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- null Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, apples, olive oil, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, stirring once halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned.
- Serve warm and enjoy!