As a passionate food enthusiast, I’m always looking for new recipes to try in the kitchen. This Chinese-style coconut rice pudding is one of my favorite desserts to make. Not only is it delicious and easy to prepare, but it also has a great story behind it.
The recipe was passed down to me from my grandmother, who was born in China. She used to make this dessert for special occasions and family gatherings. I remember the sweet aroma of coconut milk and cinnamon that filled our home whenever she made it. It was a comforting and delicious treat that I will always cherish.
Now, I’m excited to share this recipe with you. I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do!
For a vegan version: Substitute the honey with agave nectar or maple syrup.
For a nutty flavor: Add 1/4 cup of toasted chopped almonds.
For a richer flavor: Substitute 1/2 cup of coconut milk with heavy cream.
Deliciously Easy Chinese Coconut Rice Pudding
- Large saucepan, medium bowl, whisk, wooden spoon
- 2 cups white long-grain rice
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 0.25 cup honey
- 0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- null Pinch of salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice, coconut milk, water, honey, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit for 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve warm.