Chinese coconut rice pudding has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember. Growing up, my mother would prepare it as a special treat after a long day of school. I loved the creamy texture and the hint of sweetness it had. As I got older, I began experimenting with different ingredients and found a way to make it even more delicious. Now I’m excited to share my recipe with you!
This recipe for Chinese coconut rice pudding is a great way to enjoy a classic dessert with a twist. I use coconut milk to give it an extra creamy texture, and then I add a bit of maple syrup for sweetness. To top it off, I sprinkle some freshly grated coconut over the top for added texture and flavor. It’s a simple dessert that is sure to satisfy.
The best part about this recipe is that it can be customized to your tastes. If you prefer a more subtle sweetness, you can reduce the amount of maple syrup. If you’d like the pudding to be even creamier, you can add a bit of coconut cream. And if you’d like to add a bit of spice, you can add a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg. No matter how you customize it, Chinese coconut rice pudding is sure to be a hit.
For a creamier pudding: Add an extra 1/2 cup of coconut milk or replace 1/2 cup of the coconut milk with coconut cream.
For a different flavor: Add a pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg.
For a sweeter pudding: Increase the amount of maple syrup to 1/3 cup or add a few tablespoons of honey.
For a savory pudding: Add a pinch of salt or a few tablespoons of soy sauce.
Easy Chinese Coconut Rice Pudding
- pot, stirring spoon, strainer
- 1 cup white rice
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 0.25 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 cup freshly grated coconut
- In a pot, combine the white rice, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the rice is cooked and the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Stir in the freshly grated coconut.
- Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!