Cooking has always been a passion of mine and I’m always looking for ways to bring traditional recipes to life with a modern twist. I’m particularly fond of Indian recipes, as I grew up eating them with my family. I wanted to try my hand at creating my own version of Chicken Tikka Masala. After a few trials and errors, I finally achieved the perfect balance of flavors and spices and couldn’t be more excited to share it with you!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala is one of my favorite dishes – it’s packed with flavor and easy to make. The secret is in the blend of spices, which when combined with the tomatoes and cream, create a creamy sauce that is the perfect accompaniment to the chicken. The best part is that you can let the slow cooker do all the work, so you can relax and enjoy your food with family and friends.
This dish has become a family favorite – we love to serve it with steamed rice or naan bread for a complete meal. It’s a great option for busy weeknights or a cozy evening in with family. I’m sure this Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala will become a favorite in your home too!
Vegetarian: If you prefer a vegetarian version, you can substitute the chicken with 1 (14 oz) can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
Spicier: If you prefer a spicier version, you can add more garam masala, cumin, and/or paprika to the mix.
Coconut Milk: For a dairy-free version, you can substitute the heavy cream with coconut milk.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow cooker, cutting board, knife, large bowl, measuring cups and spoons
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 0.5 cup heavy cream
- null Salt and pepper, to taste
- null Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place the chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, cumin, paprika, and turmeric in a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Add the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the mixture and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with steamed rice or naan bread.