I love a good breakfast hash! It’s the perfect way to start the day. This Expert-Approved Cast Iron Skillet Breakfast Hash is a favorite in my family and I’m sure it will soon become a favorite in your family too. This hash is so easy to make and is full of delicious flavors. It’s a great way to use up any leftover ingredients you may have in your fridge. Plus, it’s a great way to get a balanced breakfast in the morning.
I like to start with some chopped potatoes and cook them in my cast iron skillet until they’re golden and crispy. Then, I add in some savory sausage and cook it until it’s brown and fragrant. Then, I add in some beaten eggs and season the hash with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I like to top the hash with some chopped parsley for a bit of freshness. Finally, I serve the hash with some toast on the side.
This breakfast hash is always a hit in my family. We love to make it for dinner with some roasted vegetables on the side. It’s an easy and delicious meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. I also love to make it for brunch with some fresh fruit and mimosas. This hash is such an easy and versatile dish that can be enjoyed any time of day. So, don’t be afraid to get creative and make it your own!
- This breakfast hash is also delicious with bacon, onions, or bell peppers.
- If you don’t have sausage, you can use ground beef or turkey.
- For a vegetarian option, skip the sausage and add extra veggies instead.
- You can also top the hash with shredded cheese or hot sauce for some extra flavor.
- For a heartier dish, serve the hash with a side of toast or biscuits.
Expert-Approved Cast Iron Skillet Breakfast Hash
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped potatoes
- 0.5 cup diced sausage
- 3 beaten eggs
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced sausage and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beaten eggs and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the eggs are cooked through.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with toast on the side.