Egg fried rice is one of my family’s favorite dishes! It’s a classic Chinese dish that’s so easy to make, and incredibly delicious. Growing up, my mom would make egg fried rice for us almost every week. She would always add her own special touch by arranging the vegetables in a yin-yang pattern and sprinkling some green onion on top. I remember being so impressed by the presentation of the dish, and I would try to mimic her pattern every time I made it.
As an adult, I have taken that classic dish and put my own spin on it. I like to add a variety of fresh vegetables to give the dish an extra boost of flavor and nutrition. I also like to use jasmine rice because it adds a nice nutty flavor. And, of course, I always top it off with a few pieces of green onion for a pop of color.
This egg fried rice is the perfect meal for busy weeknights. It’s quick, easy, and full of flavor. Plus, it’s incredibly versatile – you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand, and even add some protein if you’d like. So, give this expert-approved egg fried rice a try – I know you’ll love it!
Tips and Variations:
- You can use any type of rice for this dish, but jasmine rice will give it a nice nutty flavor.
- Feel free to add any other vegetables that you have on hand.
- If you’d like, you can add some cooked chicken or shrimp to the dish for an extra boost of protein.
- For a spicier version, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the dish.
Expert Chinese Egg Fried Rice
- Large skillet, spatula, knife, cutting board
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 4 eggs
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil
- 0.5 cup diced onion
- 0.5 cup diced carrots
- 0.5 cup diced bell pepper
- 0.5 cup frozen peas
- 0.25 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Rinse the rice in a strainer and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked through.
- Add the onion, carrots, bell pepper, and peas to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with the green onion and serve.