My family has been making this French Potato Salad for as long as I can remember. We always make it for special occasions, like Easter and Thanksgiving. It’s a delicious side dish that always brings smiles to the table.
I remember when I was a kid, my mom would spend hours in the kitchen preparing this salad. She would use the freshest ingredients – potatoes, pickles, eggs, and herbs. She would then add in a special dressing made with olive oil, mustard, and vinegar.
The secret to this recipe? It’s all about the balance of flavors. The pickles add a nice tang, the eggs give a creamy texture, and the herbs bring it all together.
This French Potato Salad is the perfect side dish for any occasion. It’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser!
- Try adding in some cooked bacon or ham for a more flavorful salad.
- For a vegan option, omit the eggs and use a vegan mayonnaise.
- For a spicier version, add in some chili flakes.
- For a sweeter version, add in some diced apples.
Expert French Potato Salad
- Large pot, colander, large bowl, whisk
- 2 lbs potatoes, cubed
- 0.5 cup pickles, diced
- 4 eggs, boiled and diced
- 0.25 cup parsley, chopped
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to a large bowl. Add in pickles, eggs, and parsley. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture and mix until combined.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.