Growing up, my family had a tradition of getting together every summer for a big family barbecue. We would all bring our favorite recipes and share them with each other. One of my favorite recipes to bring was my French Salad with Feta and Olives. It was always a hit, and I have been making it ever since. This salad is perfect for summer barbecues, but it is also a great side dish for any time of year.
This French Salad is simple to make, but it is full of flavor. The combination of feta cheese, olives, herbs, and a simple vinaigrette dressing make it a delicious and refreshing dish. I like to use fresh herbs from my garden, but you can also use dried herbs to make it easier. The feta cheese and olives give it a salty tang, which is balanced by the sweetness of the dressing. It is a great way to add some color and flavor to your plate!
I like to serve this salad as a side dish, but you can also add some grilled chicken or salmon to make it a meal. It also makes a great appetizer or light lunch. No matter how you serve it, this French Salad with Feta and Olives is sure to be a hit!
- To make this salad vegan, use vegan feta cheese instead of regular feta cheese.
- For a lighter version of this salad, use a light vinaigrette instead of the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- For a spicier version, add some chopped jalapeno peppers to the salad.
- You can also add some cooked quinoa or chickpeas to make this salad a more filling meal.
Expert French Salad with Feta and Olives
- Large bowl, measuring cups, measuring spoons, knife, cutting board
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 0.5 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 0.5 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 0.25 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, olives, feta cheese, parsley, and mint.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.