As a passionate food enthusiast, I’m always looking for new recipes to try in the kitchen, and this recipe for a Grilled Zucchini and Arugula Salad is one of my favorites. It’s a great way to bring out the smoky flavor of the zucchini while also adding a bright, zesty punch of flavor with the balsamic vinaigrette. Plus, it’s a dish that’s simple to make and can be served as a side to any meal.
I first started making this recipe when I was looking for a light and healthy side dish to serve at family get-togethers. I wanted something that was easy to make yet packed with flavor, and this Grilled Zucchini and Arugula Salad was the perfect solution. I love the way the grilled zucchini maintains its crunchy texture while the arugula adds a peppery flavor. Topped with a tangy balsamic vinaigrette, this dish is sure to please everyone!
This salad is a great way to add a healthy dose of vegetables to your meal. It’s full of vitamins and minerals, plus it’s gluten free and dairy free, making it a great choice for anyone who is looking to follow a special diet. And the best part is, it only takes about 20 minutes to make! So if you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish that’s also healthy and delicious, this Grilled Zucchini and Arugula Salad is sure to be a hit!
- For a vegan version, omit the Parmesan cheese and replace the balsamic vinegar with a vegan alternative.
- For a spicier version, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the dressing.
- For a nuttier flavor, add a handful of toasted pine nuts to the salad.
- For a heartier version, add a can of chickpeas to the salad.
Expert Grilled Zucchini and Arugula Salad
- Grill, bowl, knife, cutting board
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 0.25 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini slices, olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, pepper, and salt. Toss to coat.
- Grill the zucchini slices for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they are lightly charred and tender.
- Remove the zucchini from the grill and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the grilled zucchini, arugula leaves, and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette.