If you love chicken wings as much as I do, you know there’s nothing better than a crispy, flavorful wing. I’ve been making these since I was a kid, and they’re always a hit!
My family has been making these Expert’s Guide to Deliciously Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings for generations. We would always gather around the table and wait for the wings to come out of the oven. The smell of the herbs and spices was always so inviting, and when I took my first bite, I was in heaven!
I wanted to recreate this experience for my own family, so I experimented with different ingredients and techniques until I finally perfected the recipe. Now I’m sharing it with you, so you can enjoy the same deliciousness that my family has been enjoying for years!
These wings are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They’re easy to make and can be made ahead of time. Serve them with a side of celery and blue cheese dip for a truly delicious experience. Enjoy!
Tip: To make the wings even crispier, try brushing them with melted butter before baking.
Variation: For a spicy kick, add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix.
Expert’s Guide to Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- Baking sheet, parchment paper, mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, whisk, tongs, aluminum foil
- 2 lbs chicken wings, cut into flats and drumettes
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, basil, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add chicken wings to the bowl and mix until fully coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the wings onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through, until the wings are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve and enjoy!