As a food enthusiast, I love experimenting with new flavors and ingredients in the kitchen. My latest creation is a delicious twist on a classic favorite: crispy oven-baked chicken wings!
Growing up, my family would always host large gatherings and special occasions. There was always a huge spread of traditional dishes, and one of my favorites was the fried chicken wings!
I wanted to bring the same flavor and crunch to my recipe, but without the mess and added calories of deep-frying. After some trial and error, I finally perfected my recipe for crispy oven-baked chicken wings!
These wings are crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside. I add a few secret ingredients to the marinade to give them an extra punch of flavor. I also recommend using a wire rack so the wings don’t get soggy.
I hope you enjoy my recipe for crispy oven-baked chicken wings as much as my family and I do!
Tips: If you don’t have any Worcestershire sauce, you can substitute with a combination of lime juice and soy sauce. For an extra kick, add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the marinade. Variations: If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding some fresh herbs or spices to the marinade. You can also add a tablespoon of BBQ sauce or hot sauce to the marinade for a smokier flavor.
Expert’s Guide to Deliciously Crispy Oven-Baked Chicken Wings
- Baking sheet, parchment paper, aluminum foil, non-stick cooking spray, tongs, large bowl, wire rack
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, black pepper and salt. Add the chicken wings to the bowl and mix until the wings are evenly coated.
- Lay the chicken wings in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
- Once the wings are cooked through and golden brown, remove them from the oven. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired, and serve hot.