Egg fried rice has been a staple dish in my family for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I always enjoyed helping my mother make it for dinner. I remember being amazed at how easy it was to create a delicious and hearty meal with just a few ingredients. Now, I’m excited to share with you my own version of egg fried rice – a gourmet slow cooker Chinese egg fried rice.
My slow cooker Chinese egg fried rice is a simple yet flavorful dish that is sure to please both the experienced cook and the novice alike. I start by sautéing the onions and garlic in a pan until they are lightly browned, then I add in the cooked rice and scrambled egg. I season the dish with a combination of soy sauce, sesame oil, and Chinese five-spice powder. These ingredients combine to create a unique and delicious flavor that is sure to satisfy.
Once the ingredients are combined, I transfer them to my slow cooker and let them cook for several hours until the rice is fluffy and the flavors have melded together. The result is a comforting and delicious meal that is perfect for a busy weeknight. Serve it with a side of steamed vegetables or a simple salad and you have a delicious and nutritious meal that is sure to please the whole family.
Tips and Variations:
- For a vegetarian version, replace the scrambled egg with diced tofu.
- Add in additional vegetables such as carrots, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
- For a spicier version, add in a pinch of red pepper flakes or chili paste.
- For a vegan version, replace the egg with a flax egg and the soy sauce with tamari.
Gourmet Slow Cooker Chinese Egg Fried Rice
- Slow cooker
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 scrambled egg
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, egg, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Chinese five-spice powder to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm with steamed vegetables or a simple salad.