When I was a child, my family would often gather around the kitchen table to share stories over snacks. One of our favorite snacks was crackers with bacon and apple pieces. The combination of salty bacon, sweet apple, and crunchy crackers was simply irresistible!
Although the recipe has been passed down in my family for generations, I decided to put my own spin on it. I added a few spices for some extra flavor, and I used puff pastry instead of crackers for a lighter, flakier result. The result was truly indulgent!
These apple-bacon crackers are a great snack for any time of the day. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed by everyone, young and old alike. Give them a try and you won’t be able to resist!
Variations: You can substitute the bacon with cooked sausage or ham, or you can use different types of apples such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp.
Tips: Make sure to thaw the puff pastry before using it, and be sure to use a sharp knife to cut the pastry into pieces.
Indulgent Apple-Bacon Crackers
- Baking sheet, parchment paper, rolling pin, sharp knife, pastry brush, bowl
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 0.5 apple, cored and diced
- 0.5 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 0.5 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.5 teaspoon onion powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a 12×12-inch square.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the puff pastry into 1-inch squares.
- In a bowl, combine the bacon, apple, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Brush the puff pastry squares with the melted butter and then top with the bacon and apple mixture.
- Place the crackers on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.