I grew up in a family of food lovers. We all love to cook and experiment in the kitchen – and my favorite recipe has always been Caramel Apple Pie Pancakes. It’s a family favorite and I’m so excited to share it with all of you!
This indulgent breakfast treat is made with a simple pancake batter, diced apples, and caramel sauce. The combination of sweet and tart flavors will have your taste buds dancing with delight. The warm and fluffy texture of the pancakes make this a perfect way to start your day off right.
I love to make this recipe on special occasions like birthdays or holidays. It’s a great way to show your loved ones how much you care and it’s sure to bring smiles to everyone’s faces. Not to mention, it’s a delicious and easy breakfast that will have you coming back for more. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
- For a healthier version, substitute the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour.
- You can use any type of apples you like, but I recommend using a tart variety like Granny Smith.
- For a vegan version, use plant-based milk and egg substitute.
- For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free flour blend.
- You can add chopped nuts or chocolate chips for an extra sweet treat.
Indulgent Caramel Apple Pie Pancakes
- Large skillet, medium bowl, whisk, spoon, spatula
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 0.5 cup diced apples
- 0.25 cup caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Add the milk, egg, and melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Drop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the hot skillet and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes with caramel sauce and serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon.