I love to cook and experiment in the kitchen and this grilled eggplant salad is one of my favorite recipes. It’s a great way to use up some of the summer vegetables that are in season and it’s perfect for a hot summer day. I’m always trying to come up with new recipes for my family and this one is a real winner.
The idea for this recipe came from my mom, who used to make this for us when we were kids. She would use whatever vegetables were in season and it was always delicious. I’ve kept that tradition alive by trying new variations of this recipe every summer. This year I decided to add some grilled eggplant to the mix and it was a great addition.
This easy grilled eggplant salad is a great way to get your family to enjoy their vegetables. It’s full of flavor and texture and is sure to be a hit with everyone. It’s also a great way to use up some of the vegetables you have in your garden. I love to serve this salad with some crusty bread and a glass of iced tea for a light and satisfying summer meal.
- You can also add some grilled zucchini, squash, or mushrooms to this salad for extra flavor and texture.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also roast the eggplant in the oven.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, you can use dried herbs instead.
- For a vegan version, you can use vegan cheese instead of feta cheese.
- You can also add some crumbled feta cheese for a bit of creaminess.
- For a spicier version, add some crushed red pepper flakes.
Mouth-watering Grilled Eggplant Salad
- Grill, bowl, cutting board, knife, spoon, stirring spoon
- 2 large eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 0.5 red onion, diced
- 0.25 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- null Salt and pepper to taste
- 0.25 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 0.25 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush eggplant slices with olive oil and season with garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place eggplant slices on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and tender.
- Transfer the eggplant slices to a large bowl and add bell peppers, red onion, parsley, and basil. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad warm or at room temperature.