This recipe for roasted lemon-herb potatoes was inspired by my love of combining fresh herbs and zesty lemon for a unique flavor. I created this recipe for a special occasion and it was a huge hit! People were asking for seconds, and I knew I had to share this recipe with everyone!
The combination of rosemary, thyme, garlic, and lemon creates an amazing flavor that is sure to please. Roasting the potatoes helps to bring out their natural sweetness, and the herbs and lemon add a wonderful zing. This dish is perfect for any occasion, from a special holiday meal to a weeknight dinner. Give it a try and see what you think!
For added flavor, try adding a teaspoon of smoked paprika or cumin to the potatoes before roasting.
For a spicy kick, add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
If you don’t have fresh herbs on hand, you can substitute dried herbs, just use half of the amount called for in the recipe.
If you want to make this dish vegan, you can use a vegan butter or oil instead of olive oil.
Popular Roasted Lemon-Herb Potatoes
- Roasting Pan, Knife, Cutting Board, Measuring Cups, Measuring Spoons
- 2 lbs potatoes, chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper. Mix until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread the potatoes onto a large baking sheet, making sure they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.