Summertime is the perfect time to enjoy outdoor grilling and all the delicious vegetables that come with it! I know that my family loves to come together to grill and enjoy all the flavors of the season. That’s why I wanted to create a savory eggplant salad that would be perfect as a side dish or a light meal.
To make this salad I started by grilling thick slices of eggplant on the grill until they were golden brown. Then I added in a variety of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, and onions. I also added some feta cheese for a delicious salty flavor.
Once the vegetables were cooked to perfection, I transferred them to a bowl and tossed them with a homemade vinaigrette. This salad was a hit with my family and I know it would be a great addition to your summer grilling menu!
Tips: This salad is great served warm or cold. Add in some grilled chicken or shrimp to make it a complete meal. For a vegan option, omit the feta cheese. You can also add in other vegetables like zucchini, corn, or mushrooms.
Variations: For a different flavor, try adding in some fresh herbs like basil or oregano. You can also add in some chopped nuts or dried fruit for a unique twist.
Savory Grilled Eggplant Salad
- Grill, bowl, cutting board, knife
- 2 large eggplants, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 bell peppers, any color, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 0.5 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- null salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the eggplant slices on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the grilled eggplant, bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad warm or cold.